Tuesday, November 15, 2005

"Falling Down Is NOT Exercise!"

Hurleys mum had a point. Dammit.

I'd like to say that was what inspired me to join the local gym, but as I hadn't heard her say it at the time, it would be a lie. And a stupid one at that. I mean seriously, who takes advice from a fictional slightly kooky tv mum? Hmm?

Anyways, it was more to do with not having exercised regularly since I was 15 and noticing that I'm suddenly not able to run flights of stairs anymore with out feeling the need to pass out half way up.

So, whilst I'm loving being able to go for a run while watching
Neighbours, I've also decided, after (not) much deliberation (at all), that the rowers are in fact, evil. Not just because they make me believe that I'm on a boat in the middle of the Thames and could easily fall overboard and drown at any second, but also because they kill my poor arms after the first 5 minutes. Rowing just isnt bred into me. I mean I've never even entertained the thought of draping a neatly pressed beige sweater around my shoulders ever in my life...in fact, I dont even own a neatly pressed sweater of any colour.

But all has been going good, and despite the major dread I had going the first time, I'm now really enjoying it. Even more so now it's been discovered that one of the trainers was formerly a member of local bred boyband 'Wot Nxt' who played at a few Giants games during the period breaks a couple of seasons ago. *snigger* Sessions now go like this: "Right, I've just just finished on the crosstrainer...soo...wot next?" followed of course by much teeheeing and pisstaking, which, lets face it, is what gets us all through the day *cough*

2 comments:

Kaz said...

hey jo i went to the gym 2nite, saw that little britain was on, and cut the whole thing short hehe!
how often are you goin'?

Jo said...

tryin for every other day *phew* ...even went today before work - yay mee!!