Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Stand up, if your teams not here! (part 2)


(Saturday 9th April - Playoff Weekend in Nottingham, Day one)
(Part 2)


At least we were there well on time for the Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers game, which was the main thing as we Giants fans were there on loan to the Devils, seeing as the Giants didn't make it to the finals, and our ex-coach is now coaching them...

Lu and I headed down to the plexi to watch Cardiff warm up. Normally I'd be wearing a 'jeans, t-shirt and hockey jersey' combo at a game, but today we were raising money for cancer research and a few of us were dressed as school girls, myself included, with a couple of the guys as headmasters. I was wondering if this had any baring on Vezio Sacratini's incessant "all star" stylee puck playing directly in front of us at all? ...show off! ;o) lol



(above left) I swear thats wot my uniform used to look like...honest! ;o)
(above right) Little Vez (he's only ickle!)

The game was good, and started off well for the Devils. I decided to take some photos from my seat, about half way up in the corner of the arena, and got a bit of a shock when Craighead proved he really could find a camera in a haystack...yikes!
We cheered loud and hard, but in the end, despite the combined efforts of both sets of fans, the Devils lost. They would now have to play Sheffield for third place tomorro afternoon.



[insert your own caption here] ;o) Posted by Hello



After the game we decided just to go back to the hotel, and save ourselves for tomorrow night after the finals. Lu conked out on her bed while the rest of us headed down to the bar for a drink, some pizza and a chat.

On the way out of the elevator I almost bumped into a guy, who proceeded to stare at me strangely. I peered back at him with the same glare...
He looked again and said "I know you...your Joanne!"
"Yes! ...you're Dave Page!" I said with the same shock...
Dave is the Panthers official photographer and we had only met, in person, once before - on the bench during the final last year...and aparently my hair colour threw him for a second. We compared short game notes for a bit and then decided that if I didn't support the Panthers in the final, he would have to kill me.......hmm.....

Anyways...all was pretty subdued in the bar...we were all knackered and just floating down from the days excitement. I think the highlight was me attempting to bribe Craig (the "sniff me" guy) with a slice of pizza for the loan of his devils jersey for the game the next day...and it worked! I rock ;o) ...as did the pizza...

1 comment:

fillshe said...

i saw pictures of hockey players and was instantly jealous as the lockout has made my winter a long and boring one.

you are lucky.

college hockey is not comparable.