Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Favouritest song...ever!!!

Well, much of today was spent down at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast at a Business Ireland trade show, where companies get the chance to meet potential clients and other business contacts face-to-face, showcase new products and services, and raise awareness of company activities blah blah blah blah...

I had been asked to attend as a guest of the Prince's Trust, and the general idea was that I could go meet people, show off my portfolio, hand out cards etc...and then also be there to testify that the Prince's Trust was an essential component in helping me get my business off the ground...which incidentally they were.

Anyhoo, besides the random 'networking', most of my day was spent catching up with an old work buddy, Kerry, from the
Cinemagic days...salivating over the new Mac Powerbook complete with the shiny new Tiger OS...and having my business cards slagged off by Todd Kelman, who then tried to convince me his printing company could do them much better...hmmph...well, we'll see! =P

Anyways...when I got home I logged on to msn messenger for some general chit-chat and amusement whilst I waited on Matty coming over with food...he'd nipped home after dropping me off so he could shower and change after work...tho not necessarily in that order...

Sarah, the shiny one, was online so we exchanged pleasantries, caught up on the days events and then proceeded to update her music collection...

(It turned out to be the right time to do this as Matt ended up taking two and a half hours to shower and change....*blinkblink* whyeee, I ask you?! At least when I take forever I have a 'makeuping' excuse...but anyhoo...)

A couple of the cd's she had previously foraged for on my behalf in Nottingham (during the
playoff weekend) were Ben Harper's 'Burn To Shine' and 'There Will Be A Light' with the Blind Boys Of Alabama...so I figured it was only right she hear a couple of the songs, which of course will eventually enrich her life in many many ways...

So as I was flipping through the tracks on
iTunes, deciding which she needed to hear most...I was listening to one called 'Not Fire, Not Ice' which was on his 'Ground On Down' single. THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is the one! My absolute favouritest song ever. If you havent heard it, go out and buy it...right now...go on!

Well with this in mind I decided to revive my Top 5's that I used to do every six months or so when I was a kid....don't laugh, I had a little book for them an' everythin'!

I'm thinking I might do them a bit more frequently than that, but whatever I may as well start with this months Top 5 most listened to songs, seeing as this is kinda were we're stemming from. I'm actually taking the play count data directly from iTunes, so here goes...

Top 5 Frequently played Songs of April 2005

5. Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson
4. Temporary Remedy - Ben Harper
3. High Tide or Low Tide - Ben Harper & Jack Johnson
2. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
...and at number 1... Not Fire, Not Ice - Ben Harper

Yes folks, as you can see there is a bit of a running theme here...

Despite me having more music than MTV itself, I just cant seem to tear myself away from these two particular musical geniuses...and you'll just have to stay posted to see if that changes over the next few weeks =P

In the meantime, go buy everything ever penned or recorded by both of them...honestly, once your bank balance realigns itself with the circling of venus, you will thank me for it...I promise! ;o)

xx jo

2 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Girl, you have just made my most favouritist list of blogs that are really true....
I love "Ben Harper" and "Jack Johnson" but the fact that you are a world away from me and you have the same love is just f.....ing cool, I have just about everything that "Ben Harper" has ever done and some live stuff that I would have to dig up, but at any rate enjoy it as much as I do and I know you will, come check me out every now and again alright, later...
blu~

Jo said...

They're already in the car... ;o)