Sunday, April 17, 2005

going...Going...GONE!!


*grins mischeiviously* I love auctions...

I cant help it. It's such a great feeling when you finally get that thing you've been watching so intently for the last 2 weeks.

I'm a big fan of sniping in at the last minute on ebay. A fixed ending time on an item makes it all so easy. But what happens when the item you want has a clause that all bidding must have ended for a solid 5 minutes before the auction will close...

Well...I'll tell ya...

YOU HAVE A FECKIN HEART ATTACK, THATS WOT!!!

*clears throat*

'scuse me...*re-composes self* ...well, I almost had one...it's just waaay too much pressure... You think you've finally got it when no one has bid after 4mins and 50 seconds....then in comes some git bidding 400 million squid more than you can afford!!

eesh! I originally had my eye on Craigheads #88 red road jersey, but as the bid's went on during the first week, this went quite a bit higher than the white home one.

Today was the final day of the auction and, as the bids hadnt really changed from the week before, I turned my attention to the home shirt.

I waited, not so patiently, till the last minute of play then entered my bid...and I was immediately outbid by someone else by the time the page reloaded. I tried again. Right, I had the high bid. The ending time was up and the five minutes of overtime started counting down...with ten seconds left I refreshed the browser....aaarrrghh! I had been outbid AGAIN! I tried once more...and then again...and just one last time...but I'm pretty sure, whoever this annoying little rat was, must have had £500, or maybe more, on it...as the final bid for this shirt was 460 quid! Yikes!

Now I know it's not unusual for a jersey to go for this amount, and maybe even more...but as much as I like Craighead, I wouldn't have imagined his jersey reaching the 500 mark....anyhoo...

I quickly flicked back to my original choice of the red shirt...and to my surprise bidding had hardly changed...yay! ...I quickly rushed a bid through and was the highbidder...finally...

The overtime started again...eesh I couldnt handle this...I was soo tense, my heart going nine to the dozen...

With 2 minutes to go suddently the time sprang back to 5 minutes again! I almost passed out, but I still had the high bid...for now...

All I could think was, 'ok, whoever that last bidder was, he didn't get it that time...he'll be back'...

...my hand reached for the whiskey...


Two seconds left on the clock and I did the dreaded refresh...I still had it...holy crap! Refresh! REFRESH!!!

The browser stuttered for what seemed like an hour...just for dramatic effect...but finally when it came to, the auction had closed...

I had it!! Yay! Go me!

Now I just cant wait to get it! It's like XXXL, and the weirdo hockey freak in me just want's to measure it against mum's Mel Angelstad jersey and my Paxton Schulte one...I'm just gonna assume it wont be as big as any of the Mike Torchia ones! =/ ...but I'll let ya know! lol

Eeeee I'm all esscited! ...the only probem now being - how the hell am I gonna get rid of this fixed grin?!


xx jo =D


John Craighead in his red road jersey
EIHL Auctions


No comments: