Thursday, April 14, 2005

Flights to Nottingham: £65 ...2 nights in hotel: £70 ...tickets to playoff finals: £60 ...finally getting that photo with Craighead: priceless!




Giants flag outside the NIC Arena Posted by Hello


(Sunday 10th April - Playoff Weekend in Nottingham, Day two)
(Part 2)

In the break between games we headed back into town. It had gotten all sunny by this time and between my hair blowing round my face and the sun's glare in my eyes I could barely see!

I had remembered to pack sunglasses...everyone else had forgotten...so I was out-voted in going back to the hotel first to get them. We'd call in on the way back...

By the time we got to the center, everyone had gone off the idea of food. It was such a lovely day that we decided to just sit outside and relax for a while.
Now, you wouldn't think this would be any sort of traumatic experience...it's just...finding a clear spot, preferably near the fountains, and sitting down...EESH! I'm pretty sure we walked aimlessly round the square for about 20mins before I (yes, twas me!) took charge and directed everyone to a spot on a wall.

We sat there for a while, just chatting and watching the world go by, when right out of the blue the bin next to us swung open and molested sarah! We added bins to our tram and decided it was time to go...

We did call in to the hotel on the way back to the arena, though by this time getting my sunglasses was pointless as we were going straight in to the game. Screw it, I thought...and wore them anyway =P hehehe

To be honest watching our two biggest rival teams, the Nottingham Panthers and the Coventry Blaze, battle it out for the silverware was painful. Thankfully Dr Raj had a remedy...his dads special berry juice. It's basically just a home brew that was added to an Ice Blast Slushy and became known as "Gummy Berry Juice", thanks to Lu and her random naming of things ;o)


the cure Posted by Hello

It was a great game of hockey, and that was all well and good...but I'd spent the entire weekend dandering round the arena and hadn't bumped into Mr Craighead once =(
As you can imagine I had aquired a rather pouty lip by this stage *sniffle*

The final game went into sudden death overtime, with some huge stops from both goalies, but in the end the Chaventry Blaze managed to score the winning goal and lift their burberry covered trophy in true chav style.... *sigh* ...it was a good goal...

We left them to their celebrations and headed out into the foyer. Suddenly something big and pink caught my eye. No, it wasnt a giant alien blamonge from the monty python sketch...although, after all that Gummy Berry Juice, it could well have been! ...but no! Twas the man himself, John Craighead...yay! Finally I was able to get a couple of photos that I took of him signed (see previous "giants v devils" post for photo example) and, of course I couldn't resist having one taken there and then =)


Me&JC Posted by Hello

Yay me! That sooo made my weekend =)

All that was left to do now was to head to the bar and watch various people write all over Lu's shoes, socks and hat...which by the way, she still doesnt remember happening ;o) muhahaha...
That'll be the JD and Beechams effect, eh Lulabell?



I think matt's lovely out of focus...err, I mean "atmospheric" pic of me & raj kinda captures the berry juice effects nicely ;o) Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Paul McDonald said...

Hey, Cool blog site! Keep it up!

Jo said...

=) cheers dude!

xx jo