Thursday, January 19, 2006

Moosic Quizy Thingy

Yoinked from Shiny Sarah's blog:

Ok, well the idea is I hit shuffle on my iTunes library, pick the first 20 tunes that appear, write down a line (that doesn't include the title) from it, and you lot guess wot the song is...WITHOUT using Google cause that's just no fun now is it =P
When a correct guess is made i'll put a strike through the line and list the song title below it. Simple enuff?

So are you sitting comfortably? ...well tuff, we're starting anyway =P

...remember now...no cheating! *clears throat and begins to sing...*

1. "All caught up in the trends, well the truth began to bend"
- Posters, by Jack Johnson (Lulabell)

2. "Wonder this time where she's gone, wonder if she's gonna stay"
- Ain't No Sunshine, by Bill Withers (Shiny Sarah)

3. "Oh my baby when you're cryin, never hide you're face from me"
- Come To Jesus, by Mindy Smith (Lulabell)

4. "Ticking clock, everyone stop"
- In The Waiting Line, by Zero Seven (Matt)

5. "I should have told you I wanted you to take care of me, without allowing you any of my control"
- Beautiful Man, by Lori McKenna (Shiny Sarah)

6. "Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true"

7. "Cause I'm hopelessly addicted, addicted to your sorrow"
- Burn To Shine, by Ben Harper (Lulabell)

8. "I used to trick you into pulling your car over so we could chat"

- Forgetful Lucy, by Adam Sandler (Shiny Sarah)

9. "Well I'm gonna paint my picture, paint myself in blue and red, black and grey"
- Mr Jones, by Counting Crows (Matt)

10. "So much for Ban Du Soleil it cant protect me from you"
- All The Time In The World - Lazlo Bane (Raj)

11. "Gimmie spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please"
- Big Yellow Taxi, by Joni Mitchell (Matt)

12. "I sat on my porch without my shoes and watched the clouds roll by"
- My Mexican Home, by John Prine (Raj)

13. "You're driftin I can hear it in the way that you're breathin"
- No Other Way, by Jack Johnson (Matt)

14. "All the lights on and you are alive, but you can't point the way to your heart"
- Blue Eyes, by Cary Brothers (Lulabell)

15. "Ghosts appear and fade away"
- Overkill, by Colin Hay (Raj)

16. "I cannot reach a pen for me to draw the line"
- Dreaming Of You, by The Coral (Dave A.)

17. "The nights have come and they go like whiskey"

18. "Then I woke up one morning, stepped outta bed. Had to get a bike, had to paint it red"
- Dracula from Houston, by The Butthole Surfers (blu)

19. "And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay"
- Such Great Heights, by Iron & Wine (Raj)

20. "In me you found a drug an addiction to my love"
- Fighting For My Love, by Nil Lara (Matt)

19 comments:

Jo said...

3 outta 4 matey ;o)

Jo said...

yaaaay! right this time =)

Anonymous said...

*tries again coz it wouldnt post earlier*

5= Beautiful Man by Lori McKenna!

Matt said...

2. runaway, del shannon

4. in the waiting line, zero seven

9. Mr jones, counting crows

11. Big yellow taxi, joni mitchell

13. No other way, jack johnson

20. fighting for my love, nil lara

Jo said...

Sarah - Yep

Matt - 2. nope 4. yep 9. yep 11. yep 13. yep 20. yep

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Ok I'm gonna copy/paste the list and try and try, I can sing to my hearts content all the songs in the world but this might be difficult, I'll get it though you watch, later jo......

Jo said...

*in best Adam Sandler voice*
"You can do it!"

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Allright damn it, we must have similar tastes because I know you love Jack Johson as do I very much so but girl I had no idea that you liked The Butthole Surfers which would be #18 from Dracula from Houston. As I listen to my Winamp, sorry no iTunes here I here @ random a song by BHS and then I snap and say wait a minute, but it can't be so I go to the shiny stuff and there it is on the list about 18 down, a line I remembered so hahahaha. I dig it jo, I love the little game so keep it up, later...
blu

Kaz said...

good game, good game ;-) but unfortunately i do not have one clue about any of those....why is there no jason donovan ones hehe
kaz

Jo said...

Hey Dave! Yup Thats spot on =)


Yeh Blu thats right! Tho I only have that one song of theirs...but it's a great tune =D


Lmao @ Kaz and her random Jason D. fettish! Right...thats it! I gotta give you some cd's girl!

Jo said...

nope.

Anonymous said...

#2 = Ain't No Sunshine, Bill Withers!

I couldn't quite figure it out, til I was listening to that this morning :-)

Anonymous said...

14. Cary Brothers- Blue Eyes

7. Ben Harper- Burn to Shine
i feel ashamed knowing this, *hiss* ben harper grrrrr

6. Is that not Adam Sandler or something? song on 50 First Dates...

3. Mindy Smith- Come to Jesus.
*sings* I've conquered hell
& driven out the demons I have come with a life to set you fffreeeeeee.... :D

1. Jack Johnson- Posters.
tut tut no one else getting that. :P

...i have no life.... *cringe*

Jo said...

Lmao...no Billinda, fraid not!

Yes oh illusive one, you are correct...but wot did Ben Harper ever do to you??

Jo said...

...oh, but not about number 6! (Tho I think it was used in the film)

Anonymous said...

Ben Harper grinds my gears. don't like him at all. GRRRRR

Jo said...

Sorry little shiny person...didnt see you there behind Bill!

Yup you are correct!

Anonymous said...

I was jumping up and down, but he's so darn tall! *sniff* =p

Anyhoo, #8 = "Forgetful Lucy"- Adam Sandler =)

Jo said...

Yus! Fiiiinally someone got that! lol =)