Friday, May 04, 2007

Birthday Blues

Did I mention it is my birthday on Sunday?

Well it is. And I've decided this year that I'm not gonna celebrate it.

I mean seriously, what's the point of celebrating getting older? No, instead I've decided to celebrate on Saturday and party out my last few hours of still being 26 in style.




Well...if you consider having a BBQ with a few friends "in style".

*sigh*

Ok then....lets re-phrase; I'm gonna comfort-eat away my last few hours of being able to say I'm "mid twenties". How bout that? Better?

Meh. I feel old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I see nothing wrong in still celebrating birthdays! Hey, a party is a party!! Have a great weekend and lots of fun at your BBQ. I'll be celebrating when I turn 45 in October ~ now that's old!!!

Jo said...

=) Thanks Marie

Meh...I'm sure I'll have a great time. =) ..but it's just that for some reason, for the last couple of years, I've gotten a dose of the b'day blues on the lead up to the event. I even had a panic dream the other night about turning 30!! I'm not even turning 30! lmao!

I can just picture Matts gift now:

Matt: "Happy birthday baby...*hands me big shiny box* ...have some therapy! Luff yooouu..."

Hahaha...I wouldn't put it past him =P

Jo xx


Oh and, Ps...I actually don't consider anyone I know at 45 to be old ;o) (...just me, cause in my head I'm still 19!)

Anonymous said...

You're not old!

Your Rawkking out (heh see what I done there? =P) last night proves that.

Many happy returns anyhoo! xxx