Friday, July 08, 2005

Not so shiny =(


Earlier yesterday morning the streets of London were devestated by terrorist bomb attacks. The blasts on three tube trains and a bus, was reported to have left around 700 hurt, with 100 held overnight in hospital and 22 serious or critical. The death count so far is around 50.

I couldn't believe what I was waking up to. Just the night before, due to something we were watching on tv, Matt and I were talking about the sept 11 attacks. Talk about ironic at it worst.

Lu, one of my best friends, was in London, and had got caught up in the begining of it all. One of the bombs went off on her train just one stop after she had got off. Eesh.
I praise the Lord she was ok.

I just dont know why people do this. I, along with the rest of NI, have lived with this sort of stuff all our lives. I grew up with it. People bombing and killing for reasons only known to them. You'd think it wouldn't shock me any more, but it does. And I'm not quite sure I'll ever understand it.





London Attacks In Depth
BBC News

No comments: