Sunday, May 01, 2005

Hail To The King!


Why is it, when I really need to sleep the most...I cant?

Why is it, I get into bed, snuggle into the covers, and then just fail miserably to switch off?

Why is it, that when I finally do get to sleep, my average 'falling asleep time' is 3:37am?

Grrr...sorry, I'm just moaning now. I was meant to be at a friends birthday 'do' last night, but I ended up feeling all sick and crappy *sigh* =( ...go me...

*pouty face*

S'not fair.

...to top it all off I couldn't sleep......again...

Nothing unusual there I guess. One of these days I'll find a sleeping pattern for sale on eBay, then I'll be sorted!

In the meantime I'd like to recommend filling a four hour video (preferably on long play) with episodes of The King Of Queens, and watching it whenever that old insomniatic grip takes hold...it appears to work for me...

I'd hazzard a guess it has to do with relaxation. Funny light-hearted sit-com = laughter, which = a continuous release of stress and tension, which therefore enables you to shut down your internal processor for the evening. Et voila...eventual sleep. If not, then at least you have something to watch whilst you lie awake wondering where you left the whiskey.

1 comment:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

We have so much in common, as you know already I'm a chronic insomniac and can relate all to well. Now you bring up one of my favourite sitcoms, Kevin James is the shizzle, that show just makes me roll. Did you see the one where he had the upstairs wife, the downstairs wife and the arena wife, hahahahahahahaha, that was to much.....Anyway Come back and visit me, I get tickled by stuff & shiny things, later....
blu~